Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hershey Park


To celebrate the end of summer and before we head back to school we took the chance to go to Hershey Park. I love this place, all that chocolate in one place, heavenly.
We started our day with the Scrambler, bad choice, the line wasn't too long, but the loading and unloading of the ride about sent Chris over the edge. Nate was probably wondering what was so great about this place since the boys were hyping it up so much. Next we took on a speed roller coaster, not one with hills and dips. Tough guy Nate was so pumped up about the roller coaster that he was ready to take on a bigger coaster with dad. Bad decision, the next coaster ruined him for the remaining coaster rides of the day. We did coax him on to the Wild Mouse, but that wasn't such a smart plan either. Can this ride really be safe when Mommy has her head buried in the lap of my 9 year old brother and she is yelling, is it over yet?
Time to try the Ferris Wheel, this was also one of the first places I really noticed Nate speaking full sentences. We practically ran to the giant wheel when Nate said...mommy, I want to go on that next! Another highlight of the day was the simple pleasure of the Carousel, that ride is such a trademark of being a child that it was a lot of fun watching his joy as the horse went up and down.
The worst parts of the day came when we realized that we were no longer up for the Parent of the Year Award, when we discovered Kit was walking around with a fever of 103.2, and then the fact finally hit us that these rides aren't for people who drive minivans, have a job, pay the bills and are responsible 30something adults. Neither one of us have ever been motion sick before, but the 2 times I was sitting on the curb with my head between my knees led me to believe I might have met my motion match.
By the last ride of the day, the boys had talked Nate out of his roller coaster fear and back on to one last ride for the day, he loved it! This was one of those days that you think about when you are planning on adopting an older child, you get to see everything with fresh eyes and a new enjoyment.
School starts next week...we'll keep you posted.
Susanne


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. I love reading your posts and seeing your pics. I can't believe how big the boys are... time is flying. Take care, Jenni