Saturday, June 21, 2008

Farewell Kunming






Time to move on to the big city of Guangzhou. I spent the morning packing up, Chris, his mom and dad took the kids back to the park. Did I mention that I am over living out of a suitcase? I can’t find anything that I want; when I want it or need it.

While getting ready to take a hike to McDonald’s for lunch, the boys were playing in the room. Crash, boom, bang..Weifeng wiped out on the nightstand and split his eye open? I am glad that I brought a medical kit, cleaned it up, iced it and bandaged it.

2 o’clock rolls around, time to leave for the airport. On the way there we made a stop at a local tea house. What a fun experience! We sampled 4 different teas, each to be enjoyed a different way, one you had to slurp to get the flavor and one you had to “chew”. The kids liked the tea baby; you put it in a cup and poured water in to test the temperature. If it was too hot, the baby would pee pee out water. You’ll never believe it, the water was hot, and he pee peed on us! Oh man Weifeng’s cut is bleeding!

We still had time to waste so we went to the flower market. This place was huge and overwhelming with flowers. They are so inexpensive that it is considered an insult for a man to give his lady flowers. Julie and Bernie bought a bunch of lilies and a bunch of gladiolas, I think it cost abut $4 US. Isn’t that amazing? Susan told us they would sell out of their flowers and have new ones in the morning. Oh man Weifeng’s cut is bleeding again!

One of the best parts of the day was seeing Weifeng experience the airplane for the first time, even the airport was full of new adventures. I now know the Mandarin word for airplane cold; I also looked at 50 or so pictures that he drew of the airplane. As we touched ground all I can tell you is….man, Weifeng’s head is still bleeding.

Uncle!!!!!Ever been in a medical clinic at 11pm in China? We have!!! 4 prescriptions and US $221 later we are back to the hotel for some sleep. No stitches needed, only steri-strips. They won’t take your child back from you will they?

Let’s hope there are no new injuries or illnesses tomorrow.

----Susanne

No comments: